Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Word Bandits and other Conservative Bad Guys



I certainly am not in the habit of hanging out over at “Crooks and Liars,” a festering cesspool of Leftist rant if there ever was one. But following a link this afternoon I regret to say I found myself lured into an article there entitled “The War of the Words,” in which a leftist, who identifies herself only as the holder of a master’s degree in English (be suitably impressed, less-educated reader!) gets herself all worked up over… well, allow her to tell you herself:
“He who controls the word controls the world. And there are no dirtier, more malicious or ruthless opponents in this vital war of words than the American right wing.”
Yes, you! You bitter clinger. You are not only stupid, greedy, and illiterate, but you are a… WORD-STEALER. (Apparently, “illiterate” and “word-stealer” don’t cancel each other out. We conservatives have magical powers!)

1 comment:

  1. I usually pose the question with:

    "Show me the case for more government. Show me where they do a good job. Show me where you can trust them. Show me where they don't hurt people."

    Silence is usually the response, but it makes them think.

    ReplyDelete